Mac is one of the most popular operating systems available on the web for all the users. The world-wide popular software firm Apple Inc. has designed and developed the Mac OS X operating system for all the users. Mac is the acronym of Macintosh Operating system that offers the best user interface for all the folks. Originally, the Mac platform developed in the year 1984. The company has released several versions of Mac OS for all the users across the web every year. In the year 2001, the company released the first and foremost desktop version of the Mac operating system. In the year 2016, the company rolled out the MAC OS Sierra version 10.12 with new bug fixes and several enhancements.
The Mac OS offers numerous features for all the users using various Apple iOS devices. On the Windows operating system, there is an exclusive option to uninstall programs on the Windows device. Unlike Windows, Mac does not show any uninstall option on the Mac devices. If in case, you need to uninstall the applications or programs on your Mac devices, you can drag that particular program icon and uninstall it. But, what if the applications do not have shortcuts for the programs? You might have some built-in applications on your Mac device unable to uninstall them on your device.
How to Uninstall Applications on MAC?
In such a case, you look for the best possible way to uninstall programs on Mac OS X platform. It is pretty much simple to uninstall some of the unnecessary programs on your Mac devices. Despite having a direct uninstall option, the users can easily uninstall any application with much ease. In this post, we have come up with the detailed step by step to uninstall various programs or applications on your Mac OS X platform.
Method 1 – Uninstall Apps using Simple Way
Here are the simple steps that help the users to uninstall various apps or programs from your Mac device in a simple way:
- First of all, navigate to Finder in Mac OS X device.
- You need to go to the application folder or the program that you wish to uninstall on your device.
- Now you can simply drag the application icon to the Trash just by right-clicking on your device.
- You need to tap on the ‘Move to Trash’ option on your device.
- After tapping on the Trash button, choose ‘Empty Trash’ option.
- This is the easiest process to uninstall apps or programs on your Mac OS X device.
Method 2: Uninstall Apps via LaunchPad
Other method to uninstall apps or programs from your Mac device is by using Launchpad. The users can easily uninstall the apps installed through the Mac app store using the Launchpad. It is the best third party application that allows the users to uninstall various Mac programs with much ease.
- Click to open the Launchpad.
- You need to choose the app that you wish to uninstall on your Mac device.
- When the icon of that particular program jiggles, just click on ‘X’ mark that displays on the screen.
- Tap on the delete button so as to confirm the removal of the application.
This is the simple way to uninstall various programs or apps on your Mac device.